Great for the entire family! Cornhole, also known as "tailgate toss", "bean bag toss", "baggo", "corn toss", or just simply "bags" is a lawn game in which players take turns pitching cornhole bags (duck cloth bags filled with whole kernel corn or more recently, resin filled pro cornhole bags) at a raised wooden platform with a hole in the far end. There are several versions and sizes but the most well-known size is 2 feet wide by 4 feet long with a 6 inch hole centered 9 inches down from the top. The surface sits 12 inches high off the ground in the back and 3 to 4 inches high in the front. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a player reaches the score of 21. The game can be played as either doubles or singles and uses two boards with 8 bags (4 of one color and 4 of another). Ok, so why is it fun? It's fun because the entire family can play. It doesn't matter if you're 8 years old or 80 years old. Just about anyone can play. It's great for parties, special events, tailgaiting, or just for some fun in the backyard to get your family out of the house every once in a while. It's easy to learn and can be challenging at any skill level. You and your opponent alternate throwing the 8 bags which almost always results in some humorous situations and/or precise throwing strategies at the higher skill levels of play. The fun doesn't stop there. People who enjoy this game also have the opportunity to play in local tournaments, leagues, and ongoing weekly events held in various locations here locally in Ohio and in many other places across the US. Thanks for visting our website and we hope you enjoy your shopping experience at bgboards.com! Your source for quality, hand-made, custom painted regulation cornhole boards, bags, accessories, and other tailgating gear.
1. Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front).
2. The cornhole board surface should be 2' x 4'.
3. A 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one on the board falling then a point is given.
1. The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
2. The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
3. If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
1. A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line. (front of the cornhole board)
2. A Player goes out of turn.
- The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
1. In doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side. In singles play both players will throw from the same board.
2. Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color.
3. All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
4. A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines witch cornhole team has honors in round one.
5. The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
6. A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board they are throwing from.
7. Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
8. If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
9. Count the points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.
Click to preview. Right click with your mouse to save or print!